Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm a be runnin'

That's right folks.  I'm going to be a runner again.

I downloaded THIS app.

I've completed week one.

Truthfully, it wasn't all that difficult.  But, I promised myself that I would follow the program EXACTLY.  Sometimes, when I start working out...I feel I have to push myself more and more everyday to get better and better results.  Then in a few short weeks I tire out and quit.  I am one who usually feels I have to go "all out" once I start.  I rarely feel satisfied with my efforts and usually feel like I'm not doing enough.

This time, I am telling myself it is okay to follow this program.  It is set up to take me from the couch (where I have been for far too long) to running....RUNNING THE ENTIRE TIME...a 10K.  So I'm okay if the first week was easy-peasy.  I'm okay if it was a walk 1.5 min, run 1 min rotation.  I know it will get harder.  I am NOT overdoing it.  This is a gradual progression into loving running again.

But people, that love is there!   I can feel it.  I'm not quite there yet....but it's coming back!

So for now, I'm okay with the every other day routine.  Sometimes I'll add in some walking on my "off" days.  Sometimes I won't.  I don't feel obligated.  Instead, I applaud myself for the every other day right now.  I am telling me that it is enough, I am doing enough for the moment.  I'm sure I will find a time when I want to up the amount.  (Maybe it will be next week, who knows!)  But for now, I'm going to be proud of the things I do...rather than ragging on myself for not doing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...