Saturday, August 25, 2012

Who?

Who has two thumbs, wakes up at 6:05 am, and runs a 5K on a Saturday morning?

THIS GIRL!

(me, post race...about to get rid of my awful stink in the shower...)

That's right friends.  I finished.  Not only did I finish, but I finished WITHOUT WALKING!

(Major win in my book!)

It was fun to know 3 other girls that were running it...not that I actually ran with any of them, but it was fun before and after the race to have someone there!  :)

As for how I did...I'm pretty happy with my results.  I knew I wanted to finish under the 35 minute mark.  (That's the pace the app puts me at and I wanted to be ahead...)

I finished 3.1 miles in 31:40 min/mile.  Pace of 10:10 min/mile.

(Not too shabby from the almost 16:00 min/mile I started at the beginning of July...)

Now, onto bigger and better things.  10K is my next step....

4 comments:

  1. I'm just bursting with joy for you! You KILLED it!! That 10k will be a piece of cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandi!! I hope to one day (more specifically, in January) to be as awesome as you and tackle a 1/2!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Desirae! I appreciate your encouraging comment! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...