Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Marathon Update

This morning I was watching the live stream of the Boston Marathon. I watched as Meb crossed the finish line.


Incredible!

And then I read this on Facebook and got a little depressed...

2 HOURS, 8 MINUTES?! Seriously?

Why is that depressing, you might ask? 


Because Saturday I went a whole stinking 10 miles in the same time he ran 26.2. 

Talk about perspective.

Dear Meb,
While I'm very impressed with your race results...today I kind of hate you. (In a good way, of course.) Because who honestly runs that fast? 

I think you might have cheated. Were you wearing wheelies? (You know, the sneakers with wheels in them.) 

I just can't even wrap my head around a pace like that. I was just hoping to improve to the 10 min/mile pace before my marathon this fall. But hey, thanks for setting that bar so high. It's clear that there will ALWAYS be someone faster than me. 

In all sincerity, I do mean my congratulations. And you can bet that I'll be rolling my eyes as I run my half this next weekend when it takes me longer to go 13.1 miles than it did for you to run 26.2.

Sincerely,
A 12:30 min/mile average girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...