Friday, April 4, 2014

Fitness Friday Fail?

Let me start by saying I was doing SO GOOD all week long.  I hadn't eaten out.  I avoided treats.  I made sure to get my veggies in!  By Monday I was down to 203.3.  That was the lowest I have seen Since Valentines Day.  I was proud.  And excited.

And then.  I got busy.

We are finishing up a room remodel and I've been focused almost completely on it.  My house is torn apart.  I'm just trying to get it finished so I can restore some order.  However, I had done good all week.  I cooked dinner every single night.  And then yesterday happened.  It was bad.  How bad?  Well, I'm all about honesty...so here it goes.  Kneaders French Toast for breakfast, 2 deep dish slices of pizza for lunch, a cookie from Slurp, a jacked diet coke from Slurp, 1/2 Key Lime shake from JCW's.  Oh, and then there was a donut.  And if that wasn't enough....after the kids went to bed, I had to run to Walmart and pick up cereal and milk and saw this:


When I say I am addicted to this flavor of ice cream, I'm not even exaggerating.  My local Smith's used to carry it, then they stopped.  I hated them.  (But also, I secretly loved them because the temptation was gone.)  Now, all of the sudden, Walmart is carrying it.  I was weak and I didn't say no.

I got home late.  I finished my steps for the day.  And yes, then I pulled out the spoon and dove in head first and never looked back.

Let's just say I'm embarrassed.  And sick.  After a week of almost perfect eating....my tummy HATES me today!  But I tracked every last bite of every disgustingly delicious thing I ate.  

Today, I didn't want to run.  AT ALL.  I was afraid to step on the scale.  (I mean, wouldn't you be after all that!?)  I knew if I didn't run BEFORE stepping on the scale, today would spiral out of control like yesterday.  So, I ran.  And actually felt pretty strong.  Then, I came home to face the ugly music.


Not as bad as it could have been.  Frustrating...because that number should be lower today.  But I am still down from a week ago, so my fail from yesterday was still a win.  But I'm not patting myself on the back too much.  

I need to stay focused.  No running will ever compensate for a bad diet.  

How did this week go for you?  Did you fall down like I did?  If so, stand back up TODAY...RIGHT NOW.  Turn the other direction and lets see where we can be by next Friday!  It's hard, it can be ugly, it's frustrating.  But what worthwhile goal isn't?  If it was easy, everyone would do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...