Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Adventures

No.  I haven't fallen off the wagon.  Quite the opposite actually!

This weekend my parents came down for a visit.  I love when they come down!  They were so much help this weekend!  From getting me a sprayer to combat my massive weeds, to helping clean my house, helping do my laundry, to fixing my dishwasher that broke!  It helped so much to finish getting things ready for the new school year!

While they were down here, I didn't exercise.  I could have.  I should have.  But I didn't.  I was lazy.  I was worried the scale would punish me.  Especially after we went out to celebrate at Red Robin on Thursday night...and we had pizza...and pie...

Ya, I was not very "good" this weekend.

But, this morning my scale liked me.  I'm down, getting closer and closer to the magical 60's!

You might be wondering why we were celebrating.  Good question!  We found out Thursday night where Mr. B's territory will be.  He was placed in Salt Lake.  This means he will be home on weekends, this means I will be able to continue and finish what I've worked so hard for...Nursing School.  We couldn't have asked for anything better considering our circumstances!

Today my chicklets are nervous.  They start school tomorrow.  I know they will love it, but it's always scary starting something new.  There are a lot of "what-ifs" to new things!  I was thinking of what they are feeling...Tata asked "What if I'm not good at 1st grade, what if I can't do it?"  Of course I reassured her over and over.  But, it made me think of myself along this weight loss journey.  I have often had the thought, "What if it's too late.  What if I can't loose the weight I so badly want to lose."  Does this sound familiar to anyone else?  If so, I will answer it the same way I answered Tata's questions.

You CAN do this.  You WILL do this.  How do I know this?  Because I know you.  I know you are smart.  You will succeed because on days when it gets hard, and you are scared you will come to me and I will hold your hand through it.  We will do this together!

And with that thought, I have decided it's time to make this private blog public.  (Kind of scary.)  This has been my safety net.  This has been the place I am free to write what I feel, very openly.  I'm not planning on changing that.  I'm not making the blog public for attention.  Instead, I wonder if there is someone out there that might need their hand held, and that can hold my hand on hard days.  This is a very personal journey, but it can only be made by having the support of others.

So, if you stumble upon my blog and you wonder if you can do it too....I will repeat my advice:

You CAN do this.  You WILL do this.  How do I know this?  Because I know you.  I know you are smart.  You will succeed because on days when it gets hard, and you are scared you will come to me and I will hold your hand through it.  We will do this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...