Thursday, December 20, 2012

Alive again...

Yes, I am back and functioning again.  FINALLY!  I wouldn't say I'm 100%, but probably 90% and that is great by me!

What does this mean?  It means I need to re-focus on my movement.  It means I need to take my overall weekly steps from the pathetic 11,012 back up into the 70,000 range.

I guess that's how you can tell how sick a person has been...based on their steps.  And mine have been averaging 1500 per day.  If I hadn't been so sick, that would be pathetic.

I have great plans the next few days to be active.  We are going to spend the holiday surrounded by those we love most.  I have plans to see beautiful Christmas lights, people watch as I wander through the mall, attend multiple family parties, and frankly just enjoy the season with loved ones and great food.

I am also going to try my legs out this weekend.  I'm not going to do anything crazy!!!  But I am going to listen to my body and lungs and head out for a run.  I'll let you know how that goes.  (After all, it's been 8 days since my legs have pounded the pavement...)

So back on the wagon again, only this time I am looking at the wagon a little differently!

2 comments:

  1. you got this Alisha! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Alisha, so happy you're alive! 90% sounds pretty awesome :) Have a most wonderful Christmas with your family! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...