Monday, June 9, 2014

Tutus & Tiaras Virtual Run

Today was my next virtual race.  I was supposed to do it by the end of May, but I was still nursing my hip injury.  Thursday, for the first time, I felt NO pain!  None.  I was planning to get out and run over the weekend, but that didn't happen.

So this morning, I laced up and hit the pavement.  I was so ready to get back into my training!!  It was a beautiful morning, the weather was perfect (55 degrees).  The sun was shining, the scenery was gorgeous.

(33:42, average pace:  10:50 min/mile)

I felt a little tight as I began.  But after the first mile, my hip was feeling pretty good.

I didn't have my Garmin watch on me.  I'll admit, I kind of felt naked without it.  It had been so long since I last ran that it died.  So I relied on my RunKeeper and Nike+ Apps.

By the end of the run, I was so happy to be out there.  



I've missed my running time.  It's my time to escape everything.  I needed that.  It makes me a better momma.

Now to keep on training.  I originally was scheduled to do the Drop 13 half this Saturday.  Well.  After a lot of thought, I've decided to skip that race.  My hip is just BARELY feeling good again and I don't want to take 10 steps backward.  After all, I have some pretty big races to train for this fall!

On a side note:  It is Monday, and I am supposed to weigh in.  I haven't done it yet.  I'm sure it won't be pretty.  The whole "no grains" thing went out the window since Thursday.  But not only did it go out the window, I pretty much shoved everything I could into my pie hole in the mean time.  Yes, it was my anniversary and we splurged.  But we didn't have to splurge for 4 days straight.  Oy Vey!  Luckily, last week I made huge progress so hopefully I'll still be right on track to hit my 3 pounds a week goal.  I'll update ya tomorrow.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...