Sunday, March 27, 2016

First race

Post edit: the race was actually yesterday. I was just waiting for official results but they weren't posted until today...

Today I ran my first race of the season. I've been working up my runs each week. But, more than that, I've been lifting weights and THAT made a huge difference! I felt so good running on the brisk, chilly spring morning. I loved doing it with my mom. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't thrilled to get up early to run in the cold. But once I was there, I got in my groove. 

I'm pretty happy with my run. I have a huge goal for this year. I want to finish a 5k in under 27min. Why that number? I have no idea. But that's what I'm going to push for! Today, on my first run I was just hoping to finish under 35min. 

Final results:
I finished 45th with a 33:43 time. I felt dang good too!

Loved spending the morning with my mom. Here's hoping we can find more races to occupy our Saturday mornings for the summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...