Friday, March 21, 2014

Disney Princess Weekend Part 1

February 20th, I flew out in the morning to arrive in Orlando, FL that afternoon.  We were lucky, and the 3 of us flying in all arrived within 15 minutes of each other.  Our friend, Jenn, lives in Orlando and was able to come pick us all up...and arrange awesome accommodations on site at Disney for us! It was so convenient to have someone familiar with the area chauffeuring us around.

After we arrived, we went straight to the expo and packet pickup.   (5pm-ish, Thursday)

This was my first Disney race, and I didn't know what to expect.  There were, of course, many places for great photo ops...


(from left to right:  Windee, Jenn, me, Marcee)

As we walked toward the expo entrance, I loved that Disney didn't hold back!  We were welcomed with the red carpet rolled out...





It was very royal-like, and what girl doesn't like the extra special treatment?  Inside, there were many, MANY vendors!  Run Disney was there, and we got to meet the fabulous Jeff Galloway.




If you haven't heard of his training, I highly recommend you look into it!  He is an Olympic runner who recommends doing a run/walk ratio during races to avoid injury and produce incredible times.  I'm currently using this mentality to train for the races I have upcoming this year (more on that later).

We had a great time wandering through all the booths, my only regret:  I didn't buy what I wanted from the Run Disney booth on this day.  I figured I would come back Friday or Saturday to "make up my mind" about what I wanted.  By the time we came back, everything I wanted was sold out.  I read from other bloggers that things sold out by early Friday.  So my best advice:  get there early and buy, buy, buy.  Anything you want from Run Disney, buy!  Because if you don't, it will be gone!

We finished walking the expo, enjoying all there was to see...and mostly, enjoying finally meeting each other IN PERSON!  




We stayed at the Dolphin hotel (or was it the Swan?)  I still can't remember...they are both right by each other.  I loved the location!  That night we walked to dinner and enjoyed the boardwalk.  It was a great kick-off to a fabulous weekend!

Check back for Day 2 recap...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...