Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hiding out.

Yes, it's true.  I have been hiding out now for quite some time.  And in that process, I have been OVERWHELMED by the love and support I've received in comments left on old posts, and emails sent directly to me.

Thank you.

I wish I could give you all a good reason on why I've been MIA.  But truthfully, I think I needed a break.

As I mentioned before, this pregnancy was quite the surprise.  It came at a time I would not have planned.  It came when I was at my healthiest, working to get even more healthy.  It came when I was working on finishing my last semester of nursing school.  It came when I was alone for a lot of the time, with my husband working out of town and coming home on weekends.

That is when I entered survival mode.

And who really wants to hear about someone being in survival mode?

But I'm here, today, saying thank you.  Thank you to each of you who have reached out....wondering if I'm okay.  I am working on being okay.

I'm not going to lie, it's been hard to see the scale go up, up, up.  Yes.  I know it's for a fantastic reason. But this is my ONLY pregnancy I have ever gained the amount of weight that I have gained.  (All other pregnancies I have been excessively overweight or obese.)  I feel as if my body image is distorted, and for a while all I could think was about all the work I'm going to have to put back into my health after this pregnancy was done.

Add to that the emotions of a move, and yeah...it hasn't been easy.

But I'm still swimming.  I am working on getting refocused.  Especially since this little girl will be making her official debut soon.

I have much more I want to share.  But for today, know that I am here.  I am well.  I am me.

4 comments:

  1. Love you! can't wait for the debut of your little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! I thought you will be MIA forever! Anyway, it's nice to hear from you again. I'm so excited for your little princess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you'll be fine! I missed your post. Anyway, I'm really glad you're alright now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! You just needed a good break. We will wait for ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...