Monday, August 19, 2013

Baby Arrival!

Before I start, let me say:  the transition from 3 kids to 4 was not what I expected, has been emotional, has been difficult, has been different.  (Maybe that is because when I delivered Bubba, my older girls were just that....older.  They were pretty much self sufficient.  I mean I had to supervise, but they could entertain themselves, they knew to listen...or else!  That is surely not the case this time.)

Secondly, to say things have fizzled out on this blog over this pregnancy would be an understatement.  I've neglected it.  And there is a part of me that feels bad about that...but only a part.  I needed a break.  I have had a difficult time adjusting to all the change in my life from school, graduating, becoming a real live nurse, to moving away from the place I call home...the place I found myself again, to an unexpected pregnancy, to trying to be a mom and a wife, to just finding time for me.  Yes.  I needed a break.  I needed to figure out what I was doing.  And I realize I may have lost a lot of readers over this decision.  

I'm okay with that!

Really, I am.  Because you see, I've never written for readers.  Sure, I love motivating others to become their best self...but it's never been about becoming a blog celebrity.  (Is that even a real thing?)  Don't get me wrong, I was flattered...absolutely heart felt FLATTERED by the outpouring of love and support when my blog was in the running for the big HealthLine contest earlier this year.  And I was speechless when I had reporters calling to run stories on me....ME!  But as fantastic as that is, this blog has always been about one thing...real life.  And for the last several long months, real life was swallowing me whole.  

So thank you for allowing me a blog-hiatus.  I needed it for me, and for my family.  And now, if you are still reading, I hope you'll enjoy picking up with me now as I work on figuring out life as I know it now!  

There are many things over the last few months I'd love to share.  And eventually I probably will reflect on those times here.  But not today.

Today, I'd like to introduce the newest member to our family.....

Madison JoAnn



born August 7th
7lb 1oz
18.5 inches long

(check back tomorrow for her birth story...didn't want to overwhelm you all in one day!)


4 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, congrats mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GLAD you are back!!! Happy baby! You are still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back- glad you took the time you needed for such big changes going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back, and boy oh boy that is one beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...