Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Green Breakfast

This morning I wanted to try a green smoothie for breakfast.
I have put spinach in many smoothies in the past.
It's fantastic because there is NO TASTE to it!  
However, usually in the past I've used dark berries to hide the "green." 

Something about drinking a greenish mixture has made me want to gag in the past.
But I didn't want to add a bunch of berries today.  I wanted to make it filling, and have some protein.
So here it is:


I may or may not have gaged a little when I was sipping the drink and looking down at the green...but I realized quickly that could be avoided if I focused on something else while drinking.  
Because truthfully, the drink tasted great!  I knew that it meant the gagging was all in my head...

The smoothie was super easy to make:
1 frozen sliced banana (slice and peel before freezing!)
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 C Vanilla Choibani Greek Yogurt
1 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
I then filled the blender to the top with as much spinach as would fit.
(Total calories:  200)

Blend that baby smooth, and walah!  
Deliciousness!

As I was drinking it, my baby boy saw the drink and the straw and wanted some...
Even he loved it, I had to fight him off!  (Next time I'll make him his own...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...